Monday, April 23, 2012

Go Loud, or Go Home!

I have been part of a praise and worship team called "Soul Food" for the past year and a half. None of us consider ourselves expert musicians, yet we have a passion to worship our Lord. One of our pastors, Bob, joined the group as a novice guitarist. He played  very quietly so that we couldn't hear his mistakes. Yet, it is impossible to learn if no one can hear you and help you. Therefore, I jokingly said to PB (as we affectionately call him) "You've gotta either go loud or go home!"

We all laughed about this, and it became our motto. He even put the phrase on our Soul Food shirts. 

Yesterday, Soul Food presented a few of PB's favorite songs as a departing gift. PB will be moving to a church that is closer to his college. I hope that as he moves to his new church he won't be timid and afraid to make mistakes. If God is urging us to do something big and risky, we need to trust that He will guide us. We can't hold back for fear of failure, raised eyebrows, or mockery. As Christians, we must bodly proclaim the Word of Christ. 

“And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel, For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak” (Ephesians 6:19-20)

No comments:

Post a Comment