Monday, June 4, 2012

God's Math


On Saturday May 19, I was joined in holy matrimony with my love of seven years, Steven. Our pastor, Rev. Pat Woolever, added a special part to our ceremony involving a braid. Not only do the husband and wife join together as one, she said. Rather, God is also woven into a marriage relationship like a braid, and the three cords create one that is much stronger.



It was a beautiful metaphor that reminded me of another one. It is an image of triangle with God at the top and the husband and wife on either side. The closer that the husband and wife grow with God, the closer that they also grow to each other.


This is my hope for Steve and I in marriage. That we may always seek our Father first, and by doing so build a stronger relationship and grow closer together.



2 comments:

  1. I'm a new follower:)Congrats on getting married, I also just did a post on the TRIANGLE subject..Wish you two the best & God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mrs. S, thanks for the congratulations. Yes, the the triangle theory really resonates with me, I like the symbolism. May God bless your marriage as well.

    ReplyDelete